RE: Xbox softmodding

I had to read that 2 or 3 times before it "clicked" but I
understand
now... :-)

So that implies that the disk *IS* locked uniquely to a specific xbox
(by its EPROM). In principle it sounds like a fairly straightforward
process though, - just depends on the exact procedure I guess... - did
you have a tutorial to follow when doing this?.... How difficult was it
in practice? (any "brown trouser" moments?)

Cheers.

Paul G.

Of
> Neil
> Sent: Wednesday, December 06, 2006 12:36 PM
> To: UKHA_D Group
> Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Xbox softmodding
>
> I have put a big HD in my softmodded Argos Xbox. The way I done it
> requires
> you to have a chipped Xbox to hand though.
> I backed up the EPROM on both boxes... Flashed my chipped xbox with
the
> softmodded boxes EPROM... Copied the c drive from the softmodded drive
> the new big HD and locked it in my chipped box. Then installed the big
> drive
> into the softmodded xbox and reflashed my chipped box back to its
original
> EPROM.
>
> Neil

] On
> Behalf
> Of
> > Marcus Warrington
> > Sent: Wednesday, December 06, 2006 9:56 AM
> > To: UKHA_D Group
> > Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Xbox softmodding
> >
> > Actually I believe that's its possible to play Xbox Live with the
> > softmod since you can boot up without the softmod installed. The
only
> > proviso is that you must have created your Xbox live account
BEFORE