RE: Home cinema

  • Subject: RE: Home cinema
  • From: "Nick Tyson - The Edge" <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 12:21:13 -0000

It's not just about out and out picture quality (although you do need
certain level of performance), the impact of a large image from a
projector is something you just don't get with smaller screens (50"
and
below). The bigger screen isn't simply about being able to watch from
further away, it's about filling more of your vision and, together with
the sound, immersing you in what you are watching. It's a much more
cinematic experience (but without the chatting teenagers, mobile phones
ringing, rustling sweet wrappers and slashed seats - although our kids
are only 7and 9 so we may start to get some of this at home too in the
future!).
=20
We were able to put aside a room, which doubles as a music room (for
listening, playing and recording) and we've had so much enjoyment from
it, it's everybody's favourite room in the house. Even though we
probably only sit down and watch a film as a family once or twice a
week, it's still a special event and a much better experience than if we
had settled for a - smaller - flat screen or, worse, tried to
incorporate it into the Lounge. I think one of the things that keeps it
special is that we're not watching on the 'everyday' telly, so when we
watch a film it maintains the impact of the large screen.
=20
Nick

Nick Tyson
The Edge