RE: What 50" Plasma?

IMHO the best current 50" screen is the Fujitsu 58 series
although it is
only a display as it does not have any TV tuners. This range has become the
plasma of choice for my custom installation company both because of the pq
but also because of the generous warranty and service back up. In terms of
pq it's the Fuji processing engine that seems to make the big difference
compared to other current models and the performance with 1080i sources is
excellent. So if you are only viewing Sky HD content the 58 series should
be
well worth looking at.

I've only seen the Pioneer 1080p 6000EX screen to date and did not think it
worth the premium price over the Fuji 58 series. However Fuji have
announced
a new 1080p range with even better processing engine but the 50" model
is
not due for release for another 6 months or so which may change my mind. It
really depends how much effort is put into the software - it film studios
go
to town with 1080p transfers to really do justice to the potential of the
players & screens then it may be quite a spectacle.

If it's any help I've decided to go for a Fuji 58 series 50" model and
will
be installing this sometime in Feb/March when I (hopefully!!!) move into
the
new house. For me it represents the best value and performance and I'm
delighted with it.

Neil B.

_____