Underwater Cams?

  • Subject: Underwater Cams?
  • From: "Richard Malcolm-Smith" <rich_lists@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2006 10:53:26 +1300

The ones here http://www.henrys.co.uk/cctv/vn37.htm
give a specific depth
(50m) - whereas the cheaper ones dont give a number, anyway, I was thinking
of a pond or pool cam type application where I drill part way into the side
of it and embed the camera in the hole with silicone, so getting it out if
it fails will be a right dog, and replacement will have to wait till its
drained anyway so I dont want it to happen.

Has anyone tried the cheaper ones that you see that dont quote a depth and
found them good, or do they leak like all the cheap "waterproof"
watches do?