Re: Broadband package

Paul wrote:
> Has anyone got/looked at this:
> http://www.orange.co.uk/time/broadbandunlimited/
> seems like a reasonable deal, I'm trying to find a broadband deal for
my parents' house in the wilds of Cambridgeshire, (apparently they can now
get ADSL... but I remain sceptical, 'cos up there, the lights flicker when
the wind blows!!!)

The gite we stayed at in france had a dsl line with one of those orange
liveboxes. It averaged about 5 minutes use before descending into a
taciturn stupor that even a hard reset and reinstall wouldn't pull it
out of. It's a loathsome product; don't touch it with a barge pole.

Assuming you'll be the first line technical support for your parents'
connection, for an easy life I'd recommend getting something like a
netgear DG834G or Draytek Vigor 2600G, and signing them up to Zen's
£17.99pm "lite" service, or one of newnet's low usage
packages.

Jim