Latest message you have seen: Re: Thoughts on storage devices??

RE: Drive cages for media server...

  • Subject: RE: Drive cages for media server...
  • From: "Ian Lowe" <ianlowe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 01:15:57 +0100

That's more to think about Paul - I was looking at PATA, but really
for no
good reason, especially if SATA drives are now giving Hot Swap capability
(with a suitable controller obviously)

I'm now considering the possibility of a 2Tb array with fault tolerance and
hot swap/hot standby. just the perfect counterpart to a new 64bit board and
CPU for running Exchange 2007 on (amongst other things, naturally...)

Need to do some more thinking about this, sort out a budget and see what I
can do.

I.

_____