RE: Portable WiFi Device

  • Subject: RE: Portable WiFi Device
  • From: "Malcolm Surgenor" <malcolm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 20:53:23 +0100

Thanks Mark - after much searching and trying out devices I still
can't make
up my mind. :-)  I think what's putting me off is size.  Over the years
every mobile phone I've owned has got progressively smaller - the thought
of
getting a bigger one doesn't do anything for me. At the moment I carry
round
with me my mobile phone (usually in my pocket or attached to my belt) which
goes every where with me and my PDA which is usually in my briefcase.  I
use
my mobile (very) frequently and my PDA just a few times a day.  Whilst it
would be great to have just one device and overall this convergence of
devices is a great thing I think if I had an XDA (mini or otherwise) or an
SPV M3100 I think I'd be uncomfortable carrying that around in my trouser
pocket all day...  I've had a good look at the M3100 and as a PDA I'd
probably buy in a shot - it's just not a phone I'd jump at.

The only other device (pda) I've come across that I crave is this
http://www.pcwb.com/catalogue/item/SONB0145
 which is just toooooooo
expensive.  :-)

All of which is bringing me back to another Palm (but with built in WiFi).
Thanks for the Smartphone pointers anyway.

Malcolm

This message was checked by MailScan for WorkgroupMail.
www.workgroupmail.com