Re: Automatable lighting (LED?) for my loft?

Hiya Paul.
I've nearly completed LED lights following up our stairs - nothing
automated but wired into a wall switch top and bottom. Its the jobs from
Ikea ( http://tinyurl.com/rqjlm ) but wired
into a stronger 12v psu as
its also powering some 'el wire' I have around the coving in the lounge
( :-) ) http://www.surelight.com/content.php

the LED's are a LOT brighter than the el-wire but then you need to see
whats going on the stairs - the lounge is more of a dim background light
for watching movies in the 'near' dark but still able to see the table
for your drinks and peanuts :)

el-wire is also bendable in all directions (it is flexy wire after all!)
and can be any length, the Ikea lights come in strips of about 12 inches
long - you can cut the end off to suit but each led is wired in 3's so
you may pop one if you chop off the surface mount resister in the
process - no real problem.

Fixing the Ikea lights is simple enough - each pack comes with metal
clips that can be nailed or you can use the foam sticky fix pads. The
el-wire is held up with the clear 'hot glue gun' glue pushed onto the
coving edge with the wire pushed into it.

hth :)
Wayne.

Paul Gale wrote:
> http://www.siliconpixel.com/gallery/main.php/v/loft/loft1.jpg.html
>
> Just trying to understand what?s out there and what might work well
and look really cool ? possibly some LED uplighting around the edges?
Automatable of course! I do have a number of Gerry?s RGB LED boards that
I?ve still not used ? so that could be a good controller, but not sure of
fixings etc ? and these are point LED?s rather than built into strips?