RE: Geovision

Hi Brian,

I've just rebuilt my main server, HA server and will be doing my Geovision
=
PC shortly.

I went for a Core 2 Duo processor as they run significantly cooler and use
=
less power than P4's and apparently AMD processors. I've got 2 ASRock
Conro=
eXFire-eSATA2 Motherboards as they had good reviews and where good value
fo=
r money (=A354.95) from Overclockers.co.uk.

The mainboard has LGA775 CPU support for P4, Conroe (Core 2 Duo) support,
3=
x PCI, 1 x PCI-e x16, 1 x AGI (PCI-e x4) and 1 x PCI-e x1 slots and takes =
DDR2 RAM.

This is my list of components I bought for the server and HA PC's:

ConroeXFire-eSATA2 (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard (MB-003-AK) =
=A353.95
Akasa Ultra Quiet 400W Paxpower Active PFC ATX2.0 PSU - Black Nickel
(CA-01=
2-AK) - =A333.95
Crucial 1GB (2x512MB) DDR2 PC2-4200C4 Dual Channel Kit (CT2KIT6464AA53E)
(M=
Y-081-CR) =A354.95
Core 2 Duo E6300 S775 OEM =A3131.42
Compucase 4U Rackmount Case =A381.55 (excellent case!)
Zalman CNPS9500-AT Aero Flower (Socket 775) CPU Cooler (HS-020-ZA) =A328.95
Leadtek GeForce 6200 Turbo Cache 256MB DDR TV-Out/DVI (PCI-Express) -
Retai=
l (GX-060-LT) =A324.95 (no fan)
Akasa AK-182-L2B Amber Ultra Quiet 80mm Fan - 3 pin (FG-023-AK) =A33.95
Scythe S-FLEX 1200RPM Ultra Quiet 120mm Fan - 3/4 pin (FG-004-SY) =A311.95

Although I've not built the Geovision case yet, I'm going to use the same
p=
arts but spec a more powerful CPU although I think this one will be plenty
=
fast enough for a GV650 - I'm going to upgrade to the 1240 most likely.

The system runs very quietly, cool and gives a longer life as all the
compo=
nents are latest technology.

Paul.