Re: Remote control via SMS

The SC2800 or SC9000 is activated by a voice call then numeric button
press control only - not SMS.

There is a new product called GSM Guard Wireless Alarm System
(GSMGUARD) by Marmitek which takes a SIM card and looks like the sort
of features you need.

Grab the manual here:
http://www.marmitek.com/en/manual/9694.pdf
and see what you think!

It even has a built-in relay and a delayed "off" which can be set
by
"RELAY-TIME X.X" where X.X is time in minutes.

Hope that helps!
Ben

www.SimplyAutomate.co.uk - Leading Home Control
www.iDomus.co.uk - We Do Smart Home Glue
www.SmartHouse.co.uk - Smarter Living Solutions

Ben.Geach@xxxxxxx

Unit 23, Wornal Park, Menmarsh Road, Worminghall, HP18 9PH

Tel +44 (0) 845 644 3330
Fax +44 (0) 845 644 2713

For and on behalf of iDomus Ltd. UK company number 4116740.

>   _____

Behalf Of
> Adam
> Sent: 10 August 2006 11:09
> To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
> Subject: [ukha_d] Remote control via SMS
>

> I have an acquaintance who wants a way of turning his boiler (and
> maybe other equipment) on remotely via a mobile phone (ideally SMS,
> rather than some kind of web interface over GPRS). This would be used
> in his holiday home, which is "in the middle of nowhere"
somewhere in