Re: Is there a Linux version of Windows Media Centre Edition?

to ge tthe EPG working, when it gets to teh bit for channels, you
need to alt + tab to a terminal window and tell it which ones you get
and which you don't.  basically it hangs at 50% waiting on user
niput, but doesnt switch focus to the right window.  pretty annoying
if you ask me, but once you realise its waiting on you, its easily
resolvable

Georgia
On 9 Aug 2006, at 19:26, Andy Laurence wrote:

> From: Kim Wall [mailto:kim@xxxxxxx]
> > Andy Laurence wrote:
> > > MythTV. It's meant to be like MCE, but infinitely better.
I've
> > > tried installing it many a time, but find it just too hard
> > > configure. Give it a shot though, you may find you have more
luck
> > > and skill than me!
> >
> > Knoppmyth (http://www.mysettopbox.tv/knoppmyth.html)
is a good
> starting
> > point which, assuming your hardware isn't too exotic, should take
> *most*
> > of the Linux (OS installs, driver headaches, that sort of thing)
> out of
> > making a MythTV box work.
>
> I tried that. Couldn't get the EPG working. Gave up after hours of
> meddling.
>
> > It's still a fairly steep learning curve, but well worth it IMO.
The