RE: Re: CBus???

  • Subject: RE: Re: CBus???
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 18:01:17 +0100

> It used to be that by attending the C-Bus training course you
> got a starter system given that was of more value than the
> cost of the course - and you had the training and certified
> status too which sometimes helped with later pricing. Phil
> should able to clarify the current situation here.

Attending the C-Bus course teaches you with the concepts of C-Bus network
design, shows you how to design a C-Bus network that is safe and reliable
and teaches you how to program C-Bus modules and switches.

As part of the course you also currently receive a selection of modules
(IIRC a 4 button E2000 switch, a PIR, a PCI and a DIN rail dimmer module)
so
that you have the appropriate kit to continue your own learning and
development of C-Bus programming.

Attending the course does *NOT* mean that you are certified as a C-Bus
installer, integrator or programmer. It also does not alter any pricing on
units. This is a common misconception.

> One thing to be aware of - to automate C-Bus ie add 'if/then'
> logic interactions or timed events needs some other hardware
> - Clipsal have some of their own offerings here like the PAC
> and touchscreens

Only the colour touchscreen runs the logic engine - the mono touchscreen
doesn't.

>, and some PC software like HomeGate,
> C-Lution, C-Schedule,  otherwise C-Bus support is needed
> within your chosen HA controller. Hence my use of xAP and
> HomeSeer,  Chris' MainLobby possibilities, inbuilt in Charmed
> Quark and Phil's prodding for a HV product  ;-)

:-D

Everything has a use and a place ...

Phil