Re: CBus???

  • Subject: Re: CBus???
  • From: "bensbarn2001" <ben.wilkinson@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2006 14:01:47 -0000

I'm also interested in the HV/Cbus. I have HV controlling Cbus which
for basic work is easy - but it'd be great if something was keeping
track of the status of the cbus network, which I guess is probably
possible without dedicated hardware, but tricky and there may be
issues with the size of the serial port input buffer.

Some other comments on the postings so far...

I use aux inputs which work fine, so have kept my old toggle
switches from X10.  There's no length restriction on cables.
I also use std cbus switches which are better, but obviously they
need cat 5 to them.

X10 and Cbus don't mix at all if there is close proximity between
the two systems (certainly with the dimmers).  I've got Cbus and X10
in the same consumer unit and the X10 doesn't work at all anymore.

Ben

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Phil Harris" <phil@...> wrote:

> Well, there's one half of a five a side football match sorted...
>
> :-D
>
> Phil

show. ;)

, "Phil