Display enclosure and line receivers

  • Subject: Display enclosure and line receivers
  • From: Simon Ryley <simon.ryley@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2006 10:26:18 +0100

Hello all,

I'm just finishing off a VFD display for my lounge to show caller id
info at a size I can read from across the room.  I really need a decent
enclosure to mount it in, and would appreciate any advice from list
members as to where I can obtain one.  The display dimensions are 220 mm
long, 60 mm high and 17 mm deep.  The enclosure needs to be of suitable
size to mount the display and have a clear or smoked front panel so the
vfd can be seen.  I've seen this one at Farnell, but I am sure there
must be something better... http://tinyurl.com/ha3al

I am also after a SN75189 line driver from Texas Instruments of MC1489
from Motorola semi to use with the display.  They seem to be a bit
tricky to obtain, so does anyone have such a device that they would
happily swap for beer tokens?

Thanks in advance,

Simon