Re: Siemens have a combined PSTN/VoIP phone that uses DECT handsets...

  • Subject: Re: Siemens have a combined PSTN/VoIP phone that uses DECT handsets...
  • From: "Slavo" <slavo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2006 07:14:22 -0000

> Very interesting - wondering how well it'll work with Asterisk?
>
> What I'd really like is a phone book held centrally on Asterisk and
> called up from the phone. Wonder if it also supports different rings
> for different lines?

I don't think it should be any problem at all. If it's SIP phone it
should work. I have asterisk installed at home and I'm happy with it.
I have recently got myself Nokia E60 mobile which conveniently also
has Wi-Fi and SIP client. Works a treat. Now I can use my mobile for
mobile/PSTN/VoIP calls at home.

Slavo