RE: Re: Bump keys

  • Subject: RE: Re: Bump keys
  • From: "Dave Sussman" <davids@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 15:35:49 +0100

As long as they aren't too dirty it should be OK; the key thing is the
ridges. In fact, greasy fingers tend to work better and this is often
proved at US airports, where people get off long flights dehydrated.
I've seen people asked to rub their finger behind their ears to get some
grease on it to make a better impression on the reader. Try not to get
stuck behind one of those people 8)

OK, so if fingerprint readers are out for people with crappy cars, how
about palm readers or iris recognition. Both are pretty good; palm
readers read the veins in your hand, so should be OK as long as you
aren't dead or have slit your wrist; iris readers are excellent these
days, working even if you have contact lenses and glasses, although
really dark sunglasses might throw off the reading. You'll need a step
ladder for your kids though.

> From: Andy Whitfield [mailto:andywhitfield2002@xxxxxxx]
> > Do finger print locks work with dirty fingers?  ;-)
> > Imagine the car broke down on the way home and you fix it by the
> > roadside.  Get home and your oily dirty fingers aren't
recognised!