Re: io-homecontrol?

I have found that a combination of normal Celotex in the wall, Tri-Iso
9
in the roof
and K glass windows has proven to be extremely good screening. Hardly a
whisper of the Wifi (2.4G or 5.7G) outside the house or across the walls
and no bl**** GSM inside!
Lehane

Neil Ball wrote:

> Io-homecontrol uses 868Mhz so is much lower frequency than Wifi and
> the data
> rates involved are much lower so it tends to reach much further than
other
> wireless technologies. Foil backed insulation is not so bad, very
thick
> stone or lots of reinforced concrete is more of a problem. In
conventional
> building fabric you will get ranges of upto 30m which covers most
houses
> well.
>
> Neil B.
>
> _____
>
> From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx <mailto:ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com>
> [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx <mailto:ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com>]
On
> Behalf Of
> Christopher Purves
> Sent: 07 August 2006 14:05
> To: Paul Gale
> Subject: RE: [ukha_d] io-homecontrol?
>
> Wireless is bloody aweful in my victorian semi conversion. Just a
> joke.Luckily I have wired in most places and just put a wireless acess
> port
> in rooms that need wireless. Currently have 3 of them dotted around
the
> place. This would be fine for you Paul. You get loads of hidden spaces
in
> the loft conversion so plenty of places to hide stuff.Chris
>
> .
>
> <http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714&grpId=1109639&grpspId=1600041992&msgId
> <http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714&grpId=1109639&grpspId=1600041992&msgId>

=134715&stime=1154956003&nc1=3848585&nc2=3858809&nc3=3848569>