RE: io-homecontrol?

  • Subject: RE: io-homecontrol?
  • From: "Christopher Purves" <CHRIS_PURVES@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 13:04:54 +0000

Wireless is bloody aweful in my victorian semi conversion. Just a
joke.Luckily I have wired in most places and just put a wireless acess port
in rooms that need wireless. Currently have 3 of them dotted around the
place. This would be fine for you Paul. You get loads of hidden spaces in
the loft conversion so plenty of places to hide stuff.ChrisTo:
ukha_d@xxxxxxx: groups@xxxxxxx: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 13:45:43 +0100Subject: RE:
[ukha_d] io-homecontrol?

Thanks guys.

If I'm right the following is true about the Velux options:

The 'Siesta' remote blinds are IR - with difficulties as Chris mentions

The remote Velux windows (remote opening, blind control, lighting control
etc) are IO-Homecontrol on a secure wireless system - so presumably less
prone to IR problems?

Interesting to know how a wireless system works in a loft conversion though
with all that metal foil screening in the insulation?

Paul.