RE: Audio/Video Distribution

  • Subject: RE: Audio/Video Distribution
  • From: "Andy Laurence" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 08:41:36 +0100

From: Chris Miles [mailto:chrismiles@xxxxxxx]
> Is there any such switchers/routers for AV that has multiple outputs
to its multiple inputs?

I bought one of these ....

http://froogle.google.co.uk/froogle?q=holdan&hl=en

It's got 6 inputs, and 3 outputs.  You can route any input to any output,
and some of the ports support full RGB, and digital audio!  The down side
is that it's only controllable via IR, which is reported to be less
reliable than RS232.  Also, some of the inputs share the same SCART socket
as the outputs.  For example, the VCR socket is both an input and an
output.  There are discrete IR codes for the source selection, as my
Harmony seems to support it.  The standard remote just has 6 buttons for
cycling throught he available inputs on each output.  I'm not using the box
in anger yet, but plan to have it in place in the next few weeks, just as
soon as I've built my 19" rack into the gap under the stairs!

Cheers,
Andy