RE: [OT] Woodworking Routers...

  • Subject: RE: [OT] Woodworking Routers...
  • From: "Steve Morgan" <smorgo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2006 09:21:31 +0100

I have a Dewalt 625EK. It is the proverbial mutts danglies.=20

Having tried a couple of off-the-shelf router tables, I ended up making my
own that also acts as an extension table to my table saw.

1/2" routers are much more versatile that 1/4" (and can take
1/4" bits,
too). They are heavier which means extra care is required for fine work -
always use jigs or guides where you can. Conversely, their weight makes
the=
much more stable and less 'skittish' than 1/4" ones.

CMT also do their own version of the 625EK which may be a few quid cheaper.

Get thyself an Axminster catalogue (www.axminster.co.uk). 'tis power tool
porn at it's finest.

Steve