RE: [OT] Cheap reliable PCs ?

  • Subject: RE: [OT] Cheap reliable PCs ?
  • From: "White, Peter" <peter.white@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 14:06:13 +0100

Same reason that some eBay sellers sell a 'bargain' product, but
charge
disproportionate shipping fees.  Everyone knows Dell doesn't make a lot of
money on the hardware, but their margin on the shipping is significantly
higher!  It's more in place to offset the additional cost of selling in low
volume to individual home users - corporates don't tend to get charged
shipping.
=20
As Rob says, if you're ordering more than 1 of something give them a call
and they'll discount the shipping.
=20
don't forget you can also buy PC's from the Dell Outlet, in which case they
don't ship with a monitor.
=20
Pete

_____=20=20