Re: C-Bus / Cat5e

You are going to see some huge increases in the cost of Cat5e/6 over
the
next 4 to 6 weeks due to the price of copper which has gone up by 33% in
th=
last 4 weeks - the expectation is that it is going to carry on that
way. Disruption in the supply of Cat5e/6 is expected too. (I have no grasp
on the situation for copper cables used in other application however it
would be reasonable to assume the same.)

Low quality cable will soon be going at the higher prices so watch out if
quality is your priority - the price may not be such a good indicator
without comparisons.

Regards,

David

On 4/29/06, Chris Hunter <cjhunter@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> eg: http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/CACAT5E.html
>
> Chris
>

> K. C. Li wrote:
>
> > Chris Hunter wrote:
> >
> > > 'looking to buy plenty of cable ... C-Bus shop sells C-Bus
cable at
> > > about 70GBP per 305m ... but I had in my mind that Cat-5e
would come
> > > at a little over 20GBP per 305m ... so, just wondered what
people hav=
> > > been paying ... and where they go for it !
> >
> > Since you have quoted the C-Bus Pink cable price inclusive of
VAT,
> please
> > advise where CAT5e LSOH 305m cables are available at =A320,
inclusive o=