RE: whole house audio

Thanks again for the reply, but I seem to have not explained very well
-

I already have an xbox and a Netgear media player, I'm not going to use
them
for this.  I'm using some clever programs on my PC for music and sound
output.

I don't want streaming mp3, control panels, or anything.  All I wish to do
is to be able to hear what is playing downstairs, upstairs.  Volume control
will be done by me using the remote on the downstairs or upstairs amp, all
need is the signal.

To look at it another way, how do I get sound that is going INTO my
downstairs amp, to also go to the upstairs amp.

I hope someone can help

Thanks

p.s. I've two netgear media players if anyone wants to buy cheap?!