RE: [OT] recomended DNS services?

Hi,

You can add MX entries to the DNS, a backup MX is simply an MX entry
with a lower priority than the primary MX.

To quote from the "Manage DNS page"

"
'MX' records - These control where your email goes. Be very careful with
these, if you get this wrong you will lose email. You can't point these
at just any server, you have to have agreed this with the ISP that
controls them. The 'priority' field in the MX records governs the order
in which mail servers are tried in case one is unavailable. The lower
the number, the higher the priority. An MX with a priority of '10' would
be tried before one of '20'. The highest priority one must be the one
that ultimately accepts the mail, not one that will relay it on
elsewhere."

Hope this helps, obviously you still need someone to provide the backup
MX service.

Regards

Stuart

On Thu, 2006-04-27 at 08:37 +0100, Paul Gale wrote:
> They told me this just a week ago :(
>
> Paul.

My

--