From: Ian Lowe [mailto:ianlowe@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 26 April 2006 21:57
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] [OT] ADSL Max

Be aware, it will screw your connection for ten days - we migrated a week
ago, and the line is still shafted - I'm with Eclipse's Evolution service,
and went from a 1Mb max line to *probably* about 3.5Mb down 448k up.

I say probably, because the best download speed I have had since the
regrade
is about 200kbps, and that for a minute or so, before it dropped back to
20k
a second.

Yep, ADSL Max turns your line into ISDN * 2 for ten days while the profile
is trained. (it seems that people on marginal lines have a worse experience
as the system tried to figure out your baseline maximum speed without CRC
errors.

I'm patiently waiting for the ten days to end so that I can see what we
get.

Ian.