Latest message you have seen: Re: Currentcost software ? (was Currentcost USB lead)

Re: XBMC as a Samba server?

Nigel Champion wrote:
> I'm sure there is an option (Netowrk settings) in later CVS builds for
a smb server...will check tonight

FTP
> server.

http://tinyurl.com/njzly

"SMB server in XBMC now: No

Plans to add? Yes and no. Depends if someone ports the server to xbox

ETA: None"

And on another xbmc issue, just in case someone has the same problem I
had...

Everything was working fine until around christmas time. I must have
updated to the latest version a while before having not updated for
ages. Ever since, no matter which update I tried, I was getting problems
with networking - streaming would work for a short while, then stop,
shares would stop responding, ftp would be intermittent and keep
dropping out.

I had a few goes at fixing it, but didn't get to the bottom of it - I
tried using a different cat5 socket, changing my switch, using a
different router, different cables, etc.

I finally fixed it the other day by simply turning off the option to
auto-detect other xboxes, which had appeared at some stage (turned on by
default :-( ) and I hadn't noticed! It seems that with that option
turned on the networking in xbmc just stopped responding after a short
while, so no response to pings and all connectivity dropped.

So now I can actually use xbmc again without having to copy to the local
hdd - I'd almost forgotten how good it is! :-)