Latest message you have seen: Re: New Current Cost Unit on sale...

Re: BT to RJ45 convertors

I've often seen them labelled as Master, Secondary & PABX so I
assume
the PSTN reference is actually a Master version. Keith would probably
have the definitive answer though...

You'd use a Secondary adaptor after plumbing in your master socket
into the patch panel - in the same way you'd install a Secondary
socket from B&Q as an extension of your master socket (if you hadn't
embarked on this whole UKHA / Cat5 escapade.... ;-)  )

PSTN? Maybe if you didn't have an NTE5 faceplate (master socket), just
a wiring junction box and you wanted to relocate the master socket
elsewhere (master socket includes some lightning protection and
separates out the ring signal IIRC).

PABX - to be used with a PABX (!) IIRC some PABXs make use of 6-core
"BT" cable in place of the more normal 4-core. Maybe the adaptors
have
6-core cable/pins?

I'm using the secondary adaptors in the link I posted previously as
I've taken my phone feed to my patch panel from the front of an NTE5
faceplate into my patch panel via a butchered BT extension cable.

HTH,

Tim.

On 4/24/06, Paul Gale <groups@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks Tim - What's the difference between PSTN, Secondary and PABX
versi=
ons - is it the wiring?

> Paul.

Tim Hawes
> Sent: 24 April 2006 13:00
> To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [ukha_d] BT to RJ45 convertors
>
> CPC are the cheapest I've seen at =A31.75 each, plus VAT.
> http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSearch/partDetail.jsp?SKU=3DCS11891&N=3D=
411

> HTH,
>
> Tim.
>
> On 4/24/06, Paul Gale <groups@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Where's the cheapest place to get BT to RJ45 convertors to run
tel thro=
ugh a patch panel?

> > I already have this working for a couple of years and cut the
original =
BT plugs off a couple of DECT phones =96 but now want to add more and I
don=
't want to have to fiddle around so much.