Latest message you have seen: Re: New Build

Re: MCE 2005 Extender

  • Subject: Re: MCE 2005 Extender
  • From: "ianh1000" <ianh1000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 07:54:25 -0000

Hi Darren

HP and Linksys do an extender but it is not great I brought one back=20
from the US recently for about =A3100. I found it hard to find one in=20
the US, the comapny I bought from will ship to the UK or they are=20
often on Ebay for about =A3150. These are first generation extenders=20
and I guess are towards the end of their sales life.=20

You can't watch a DVD in the PC via the extender and the interface=20
is slow. Its ok for =A3100 but I would not want to pay =A3300

As far as I can see the XBox 360 or original is the only option in=20
the UK. It is a shame that this functionality has not been added to=20
DVD players.

Regards
Ian=20