Latest message you have seen: Pronto Codes for NAD T785 Amplifier

[OT] Graphics / Logo Help

I need a bit of assistance with a logo I'm working on. I'm (currently)
using MS Publisher and can create my logo from a collection of text
boxes & lines and can save it as a jpeg, however the final image
doesn't have a transparent background i.e. it adopts the background of
the page that was in Publisher. This is ok when putting the logo onto
white pages, but matching other colours is fiddly and means I need
lots of different versions of the logo to match various documents.

I've tried erasing the background in Paint Shop but, TBH, since
there's a fair amount of text, it's a time-consuming process and I'm
sure there must be an easier way. Is there an automated method to
delete a background in Paint Shop e.g. based on the background colour?

Alternatively, is there a good Freeware app that I can use to build my
logo with a transparent background? Google returns some suggestions,
but I'd rather have a recommendation.

Thanks,

Tim.