Latest message you have seen: RE: (OT) On line photo albums

RE: [ukha_d] PHILIPS 7FF1AW Digital Photo Frame - £99

  • Subject: RE: [ukha_d] PHILIPS 7FF1AW Digital Photo Frame - £99
  • From: "Mark McCall" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 10:32:50 +0100

> What size is the screen? Is it 7"?

http://tinyurl.com/g9skp

"The display is, unfortunately smaller than we imagined from the press
photos and marketing collateral. Guess we fixated too much on those, er
=937-inches=94 which in photography patter would indicate a device for
showcasing 5 x 7-inch photos. Oh right, Philips manufactures displays so
that measurement is diagonal! Thus the actual LCD is 3.6 x 5.4-inches (9 x
14-centimeters) which is still respectable and in-line with traditional
frames you=92ll find in most homes =97 just not what we had expected."

It does look very good though, had a good look at one in my local PCWorld
o=
Monday - screen is very nice.  The in-store price of =A3129 seemed quite
go=
od
when I looked on-line at home for prices to compare.  Just noticed it's
=A3=
99
on their website which is very good - but may indicate a new model coming
soon ?

M.