Latest message you have seen: Are the 'KeyStone' Modular patch systems standard?

RE: Mac - Windows Printers

  • Subject: RE: Mac - Windows Printers
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 18:11:12 +0100

Exactly - we sat for a good couple of hours this morning trying to get this
working...

...we could *SEE* the printers on the network...

...we could get data to squirt to them...

...the problem was the drivers, they weren't in the Apple printer drivers
list so we downloaded the printer drivers from HP, ran the driver install
programs which helpfully said "You have successfully installed the
printer
driver for the HP blahdeblahdeblah" (and on running it a second time
it said
"You have already installed the printer driver for the HP
blahdeblahdeblah")
but quite unhelpfully it gave no indication of exactly *WHERE* it might
have
decided to put the bloody drivers when it installed them!

Nothing new appeared in the installed drivers list.

Phil