Latest message you have seen: Are the 'KeyStone' Modular patch systems standard?

Windows Server 2003 web connection?

  • Subject: Windows Server 2003 web connection?
  • From: "White, Peter" <peter.white@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 01:56:52 +0100

I've finally got around to setting up my HA PC, which is one of the
el-cheapo Dell PowerEdges, with MS Server 2003 R2 (standard edition).  I've
just finished installing the O/S, but even though I can ping the router, it
won't connect out to the web. Am I being really dim?   It's a bog-standard
home network, a Linksys router/ADSL model, and the server is patched
directly into one of the router's 4 ports. I've tried DHCP and fixed IP on
the server, both work fine, but still neither will connection out to the
web, even to trusted sites such as the Windows Update site.

I'm not into servers, so maybe I'm doing something daft, any ideas?  It's
driving me mad, and that's after wasting hours yesterday trying to get  a
Slug (NSLU2) working properly.

Pete