RE: XPL - XAP

Hi Dave,

> I did, after a few battles with xPL apps/hub XP service starting
> order, get xPL flowing round, and Cortex is currently doing a great
> job at logging them, but not much else. I may have misunderstood
> xPLHAL, but it looked scarily like VB in there and I refuse to pollute
> my Perlesque programming brain cells :-)

There are two main parts to xPLHal's logic capabilities:

There is the scripting engine, which is based on the VBScript language, and
requires you to write VBScript to make things happen.

There is also the Determinator engine, which is more like a rules-based
logic engine, with a graphical interface, wizards, and no need to write any
code.

You can use Determinators out of the box with any xPL-enabled application,
however we introduced a mechanism for vendors to supply XML fragments that
describe what their device can do.
xPLHal then uses this information to provide a much more intuitive user
experience.

I'm not sure if the Cortex XML fragment is in place - I'll follow that one
up with Ian.

Regards,

John