RE: Electrical question - fitting your own earthing rods to a dist board

  • Subject: RE: Electrical question - fitting your own earthing rods to a dist board
  • From: "ben addison" <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 23:31:59 +0100

Hi John,

Does your supply come in underground for overhead?

You should only need an earth rod if the supply overhead.

Underground will be tnc-s or tns.

If there is no main earth then you must get in touch with your supply
company as they need to give you an earth terminal. They will most likely
connect to the neutral, to give you an tnc-s supply (pme).

Ben Addison
Ben Addison Ltd (electrical Contractors)
07889845712
www.benaddison.com