From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Neil Fuller
Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2006 11:03 AM
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ukha_d] Cat-5e

Raymond Kelly wrote:
I am using Cat5e for my dallas 1-Wire sensors and part of the cable run
I want to bury in screed/concrete.
Will this cable be OK in concrete without another covering?

>From a regs point of view, it's probably OK but the slightest movement
in the concrete and you'll have a broken wire.

Put the CAT5 through a piece of plastic conduit and screed over that. If
you make sure that you can get to the ends of the tube, you'll have
somewhere to pull more cables through too - Always useful ;-)

HTH

Neil