RE: Newbie + Longtime www.automatedhome.uk lurker

  • Subject: RE: Newbie + Longtime www.automatedhome.uk lurker
  • From: "Andrew Tedford" <andrew.tedford@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 14:43:08 +0100

Hi Adam,

Welcome!

I have recently started the big move to home automation.  I just wanted to
say that you should look at Cinemar main lobby and music lobby.  I use a
touch screen and music lobby to control my music, and very shortly DVD's.
To get the best, you want a touch screen running main lobby and music lobby
and dvdlobby and you'll be totally sorted for multimedia.  I also use lobby
to control some lighting which is actually controlled using X10 and a voice
recognition program called HAL2000 which is very very good.

Security - I have 3 Linksys IP based wireless cameras which are good (and
on
offer in staples.co.uk).  IP cameras are great and easy to integrate with
your system, but if I was buying again, I'd make sure they had night
vision/infra red.

Good luck in your mission!

Andy