IR control of two identical devices ?

  • Subject: IR control of two identical devices ?
  • From: "noughtomate" <balraj_jassal@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 14:43:14 -0000

Hi all,

This seems an obvious question, but how you would go about
controlling two devices that use the same IR codes ?

I have a Media Center PC with dual tuner card and a single Sky box.
I'm aware if I add a second Sky box, I can control the two via Media
Center but not directly using standard Infra Red - Sending a single
IR command would be received by both of the Sky boxes.

I'm considring the second Sky box for dual tuner recording as well
as for multiroom (when not recording).

Do you use some sort of two zone IR router which intelligently
blinks to the correct Sky box ?

I haven't got the foggiest on how to implment this without some X10
magic, which doesn't sound like a very elegant solution.

Any ideas ?

Cheers