6 channel remote controlled volume control wanted for home brew HT

  • Subject: 6 channel remote controlled volume control wanted for home brew HT
  • From: "egelbeertje" <r_d_k@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 10:16:52 -0000

Hi,

In short, swmbo does not want me to spend $$$ on a new home theatre amp
since what we have is good enough - she says - (mostly quad and denon
separates stuff - all from the 80's so no remote control).

So what I want now is to hookup some sort of remote volume control unit
between the pre-amps and the amps that can actually simultaneously
drive all 6 channels that I am currently having to set up manually
everytime I want to watch a movie (dont ask - the stereo speakers of
the tv = center - quad amp is driving the front speakers and the denon
is controlling the rear - channel splitting is done in my good old
pioneer dvd 626), subwoofer is an old creative soundblaster model. (so
much for consistency )

all suggestions welcome - preferrably kit or readymade (soldering not
an issue ) max cost around 250$ worth.

rgds Rob.