From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Adrian
Sent: 05 April 2006 08:48
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ukha_d] Geovision & HA

Paul

curious to know what you setup is and what your pc runs at. I have a
gv750 (75fps from memory) running only 3 cameras 640x480 on a Pentium
1.8g  seems to run about 90%

Adrian

Paul Gale wrote:

>I can't stress enough how good the Geovision cards are - significantly
more flexible, powerful and feature rich that a DVR solution.

>There's just sooooo much to it and once setup, it just works without
any 'playing' etc. Remember - it is intended for serious CCTV use. Apart
from the occasional upgrade to add more features, I never tinker with mine
- just use it with the 6 cameras I have installed.

>It definitely needs a fairly high spec machine though if you're going
for the higher end cards capable of 100fps+ recording - just like a video
capture machine would. That doesn't mean you can't run other things on it
depending on spare capacity - but this will depend on how stable a system
you want. I've not had a problem with it at all running on it's own.