RE: Video Distribution

  • Subject: RE: Video Distribution
  • From: "Andy Laurence" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 17:28:28 +0100

Frank Mc Alinden <mailto:frankmc@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Andy
>
>> Am I right in thinking that this device reads IR inputs, and sends
>> the commands out of a serial port along with the zone they were
>> received in?
>
> Works like this.....Firstly hardware

<snip>

Thanks for that, Frank.  At least I can get zone information into an xpl
message.  Sadly, everything I've got is running xAP, which makes things
interesting!  I've decided to either go with a macro-enabled remote, or
use Xlobby to deal with the zones.  I need to scrape together some
hardware to do testing on first though!  I've started to document my
plans, and they will eventually arrive on my website.

Cheers,
Andy
--
http://ha.andylaurence.co.uk