Re: Geovision & HA

I was a user ~ 3 years ago. It was a bit rough around the edges then.
It has got progressively better and I now use the GV650 with the 7
series software. There is  actually a newer version 8 coming out soon
- so be careful that the GeoVision card supports verson 8 - not all do
apparently!!
I only use it for night time really and during the day my PC does
media and other stuff.
The thing that is missing is a User Forum for Geovision, as initially
there is a bewildering array of options and the documentation looks
like a direct translation from taiwanese!!

My observation is that along with CBus, Geovision is the other HA
product that always gets good press on this list.

On 05/04/06, christopher purves <CHRIS_PURVES@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Grrrrrr I hate you Paul just ordered =A3750 quid of pc bits - now to
choo=
se
> the geovision card .... seems there are 2 types - the modern one being
th=
> speeded up version. Also I note rfconcepts is no longer showing
prices!!!

> Chris
>

> >From: "Neil Wrightson" <neilw@xxxxxxx>
> >To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
> >Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Geovision & HA
> >Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 17:41:44 +1000
> >
> >Hi Paul,
> >
> >So when you buy a card such as the GV250 or GV800 etc etc this
this come
> >with the DVR software or does it need to be purchased separately?
> >Oh, where do you buy the card from?
> >

> >Regards,
> >
> >Neil
> >[Neil Wrightson]  -----Original Message-----

significantly m=
ore
> >flexible, powerful and feature rich that a DVR solution.
> >
> >There's just sooooo much to it and once setup, it just works
without any
> >'playing' etc. Remember - it is intended for serious CCTV use.
Apart fro=
> >the occasional upgrade to add more features, I never tinker with
mine -
> >just
> >use it with the 6 cameras I have installed.
> >
> >It definitely needs a fairly high spec machine though if you're
going fo=
> >the higher end cards capable of 100fps+ recording - just like a
video
> >capture machine would. That doesn't mean you can't run other
things on i=
> >depending on spare capacity - but this will depend on how stable a
syste=
> >you want. I've not had a problem with it at all running on it's
own.

> >I think you'll find others here who will recommend the Geovision
solutio=
> >too :)
> >
> >Paul.

enough - ma=
ybe
> >a clash with the motherboard etc etc. To be honest I don't have
the ener=
gy
> >anymore hence the choice of DVR for me - something that works out
of the
> >box
> >
> >or it goes back. I could imagine a pre-built geovison system but
thats s=
ort
> >of what you get with a DVR with some of the flexibility and
upgradabilit=
> >removed. I think I would actually just like to use the CCTV rather
than
> >'play with it'!! All my opinion and I know many people on this
list are
> >using geovision very successfully.
> >
> >Chris
> >

> > >From: Chris Hunter <cjhunter@xxxxxxx>
> > >To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
> > >Subject: [ukha_d] Geovision & HA
> > >Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 07:43:44 +0100
> > >
> > >'wondered what people's experience with Geovision was - good,
bad, or =
> >?
> > >
> > >'and does it really need to be run on its own PC, networked
to another
> > >running HA, 24/7 (and to another for eveything else), or can
both
> > >co-exist on the same machine.
> > >
> > >We're thinking of having fifteen cameras, ten inside &
five out' ...