[ADVERT] KVM switch, 19" rack, old rackmount servers

  • Subject: [ADVERT] KVM switch, 19" rack, old rackmount servers
  • From: "Phil Dye" <phil@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 17:19:30 +0100

I'm having a clearout at work, and so have the following available,
which I
thought I'd offer here before eBay;

AdderView OSD8 KVM switch (http://tinyurl.com/nt5kv), complete
with 6 sets
of 5m cables
- first sensible offer gets it

1x Imrak 400 42U 800x600 rack, complete with glass front and metal rear
doors, but no sides. Also has a few rails/shelves, and an exhaust fan in
the
top.
- first sensible offer gets it

The following is pretty much all scrap, but might be useful to someone, so
free to anyone here;

3x transtec servers; 19"x7U chassis, dual PSUs, several SCSI drives of
unknown size in hot-swap caddies, etc
- I think only two are working, the third having been salvaged for bits
(but
then they're probably all only any good for bits anyway!). Of most use are
likely to be the huge chassis, and any components like SCSI cards/NICs/etc.

1x transtec 2400 server; 19"x4U ATX chassis, dual PIII-1Ghz, 1Gb ECC
RAM, 2x
9Gb plus 6x 36Gb Ultra160 SCSI drives in hot-swap caddies on a MegaRAID
controller. Dates from about July 2001, and AFAIK, still works fine.

1x transtec "hamserver U10"; an UltraSPARC-based server, no
drives (they
were in an external array, since gone).
- Dates from about July 1999, so a museum piece now!

With the exception of the KVM switch, I all items are collection-only (from
Hamble, near Southampton), given their size/weight. I can supply more
detailed specs or photos of anything if wanted.

--
Phil Dye
Technical Manager, The Kite Shop Ltd