RE: Re: [OT] Dewalt Tools

As I said, people tend to either like DeWalt or they don't!  Out of
the 8
bits of (US) DeWalt kit I bought, none have failed.  Although they're now
not being used as often, at the time they were being used for a house
build,
by me and the trades, so did get hammered hard.  The drill/driver fell off
the ladder onto a concrete floor more times than I can remember, but still
no problems.  The circular saw was used for cutting Fermacell for about 2
months, on a daily basis.  One of my trades used a B&Q 'Pro' saw on the
Fermacell, and that was dead within a couple of days, literally.  On
balance, given the kit cost less than 50% of the UK price, I'm happy to
take
a chance with the US kit - even if one bit failed, I'd still be up on the
deal.

DeWalt, however, certainly seems to be at the lower end of the
'professional' tools, and now seem to be marketing themselves at 'serious
DIY'ers', although that's generally only the 14v stuff.  Most of my trades
had at least a couple of DeWalt tools, but equally there was strong support
for Makita and Hitachi.  DeWalt tools seem to be a bit heavier compared to
some of their competitors.

Pete

_____