Re: Video Distribution

Hi Andy

> Am I right in thinking that this device reads IR inputs, and sends the
> commands out of a serial port along with the zone they were received
in?

Works like this.....Firstly hardware

FirM Recievers in each room (zone, up to 8)
FirM Controller
FirM Serial Interface  (xPL)
USB UIRT.......

Controlled kit can be either in Node 0 or in each zone ......

When someone sends ir from a room (zone) via a FirM Reciever , the FirM
Controller passes the ir signal (36khz to 40 khz)  onto the USBUIRT and at
the same time determines which zone it came from and sets up some i/o pins
with the zone value....The USB UIRT  xPL Plugin decodes and reports the
received ir  signal to xPLHAL and its saved in a variable (Global)...at
this
point in time a  request is sent out to thexPL  FirM interface to retrieve
the zone number ,it reads the FirM i/o pins and  reports back the zone
info....This is done using Determinators .....The User can then write other
Determinators which will run such as, if  DVD Power on ir signal  came from
zone 1 then send dvd power on ir signal to zone 3 for example.......

To send ir to a particular zone the User  must first send a command to tell
xPL-FirM which zone the signal is to go to then there must be a short dwell
(200msec approx ) then send a command to xPL-UIRT to tell it to send the
required  ir signal........

Heres a reply from xPL FirM Serial for a zone receive request

xpl-stat
{
hop=2
source=aec-firm.mainpc
target=*
}
sensor.basic
{
device=receiver
type=zone
current=1
}

Heres a transmit to zone 3 command to  xPL FirM Serial......

xpl-cmnd
{
hop=1
source=XPL-XPLHAL.MAINPC