Re: Will CBUS work with this light fitting?

  • Subject: Re: Will CBUS work with this light fitting?
  • From: "andy_walkuk" <andy_walkuk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 13:59:10 -0000

Paul,

Sorry, yes, they are 10W G4 halogen bulbs, so no problem there, I am
putting 1A breakers on each channel anyway.

I was wondering what a halogen specific dimmer did differently to a
CBUS dimmer.

Andy

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Paul Robinson" <ukcueman@...>
wrote:

> > SWMBO has bought two lounge light fittings from NEXT each with 5
12V
> > halogen bulbs and includes the transformer in the top of the
fitting.

> > The instructions state "Compatible with halogen specific
dimmer
switch".

> > Does anyone know if my yet to be installed CBUS 8 channel Dimmer
be
> > able to work with this?  I dont want to risk blowing it up.
>=20
> I'll leave somebody else to address whether a randomly-chosen
transformer with that kind of instruction is liable to work.
>=20
> But - you don't say what size lamps are going in this light fitting.
If you're talking about 50W lamps, then 5*50W =3D 250W which is
8p a photo http://uk.photos.yahoo.com