RE: [OT] Is Sky + as crap as I think it is ?

  • Subject: RE: [OT] Is Sky + as crap as I think it is ?
  • From: "christopher purves" <CHRIS_PURVES@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 09:20:24 +0000

I must admit I was really shocked at how bad the SKY+ interface is. I
really
wouldn't have bothered getting it if I had known. The inability to search
by
name for more than 1 day ahead and get this - you can only enter the first
letter as far as I can tell when you do search - is the killer missing app
so to speak. Season passes are superb on tivo as is the season pass
manager.

Interestingly I just did a search for 'uk and tivo' and found suggestions
that tivo might be considering a return to the uk (on digital spy). That
would be a superb move IMHO.

Perhaops the sky HD box will be a little better ?

>From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
>To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
>Subject: RE: [ukha_d] [OT] Is Sky + as crap as I think it is ?
>Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 10:10:34 +0100
>
> > Back to buying radio times then surely ?
> >

>"Other listings magazines are available" as they often point
out on BBC :-)

>I was in the process of thinking about getting SKY+.
>
>We have all the movies so the subscription would cost me anything but I
>dont
>often get to see a movie as we are using the box for something else on
SKY.