Latest message you have seen: RE: Re: [OT] Window 7 connecting to a Win 2003 Domain

[OT] New Laptop advice

  • Subject: [OT] New Laptop advice
  • From: "michael.furlong" <ukha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 19:49:49 +0100

Sorry for the OT post but my notebook (a tiny fujitsu lifebook b142)
is getting long in the tooth (6 or 7 years!) and is giving a few
problems. So time for a replacement.

Looking around I wanted something a bit different and came across the
Acer Ferrari 4005 review here....

http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=2476&review=Ferrari+4
005+WLMi+Notebook+PC

Probably the closest I will ever get to a real Ferrari.

So the advice...

It uses an AMD Turion 64 bit processor so I have the option of getting
it with Win XP Pro or Win XP Pro 64bit. Are there any disadvantages to
ordering the 64 bit version?

No serial ports and I will definitely need one so can someone
recommend a decent USB to serial convertor?

Any other models I should consider before making a decision?

Anything wrong with my choice?

Thanks

Mick