RE: Re Who has got teh worst 1Mb BT line stats

  • Subject: RE: Re Who has got teh worst 1Mb BT line stats
  • From: "Marchino Sisi" <lists.marchino@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 15:26:14 +0100

Not really much help, but I had a similar situation recently.

Had a 512k service from plus.net and was recently offered up to 2Mb for no
price increase. Regrade took place, I only ended up with 1Mb, BT (online
checker) said I could only get a 1Mb service. My line stats from the Vigor
(SNR Margin 20, Line Attenuation 36.5) were well within BTs limits for 2Mb
service, so contacted plus.net who done a manual regrade and link has now
been up for two weeks with no problems.

I think you have to pressure your ISP to do a manual regrade, though be
aware that if your line is not within the BT limits, then you may end up
with connection problems. Get them to do a woosh test, that will confirm
line stats and give true indication of what service you may receive.

Marchino