Latest message you have seen: Re: Re: UKHA Archive Down

Re: Home automation equipment

  • Subject: Re: Home automation equipment
  • From: "noel_pilot" <HA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 21:17:35 -0000

Hi Colin,

Welcome!! You have one heck of a journey to make!
First off my reccomendation would be to have a read of the forums,
some good stuff also comes up occasionally on the av forums home
automation list as well.

A great deal depends on your budget. You can start from very small
budget in the hundreds of pounds or you can spend hundreds of
thousands of pounds for a fully installed Crestron system!

Personally my advice would be to look down the computer based system.
Wonderful things are being done with Microsoft Windows Media centre
for tv recording, movies, music etc see www.thegreenbutton.com for
good info and forums.

sign up for the daily digest of this list and over the course of a few
weeks you will learn an awful lot!

technologies for you to read up on should include X10, Zwave, for home
automation, pluto@home is an interesting idea for a whole house
solution for media and automation.

happy reading, any questions come back on here and there will be lots
of people happy to help you out im sure!!

HTH
Noel

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "guinness540" <colin.leighton@h...>