RE: RAID recommendations?

Ah yes, - good spot...

I definitely *do* want the online expansion ability, - since I know I'm
not going to be able to afford that many 400GB drives all in one go, so
I definitely plan to start of with probably 4x400's in RAID 5 (1.2TB
volume), and then add more 400GB drives over time as/when required.

Since I reckon I'm going to be OK until about Christmas, I may put off
buying until then, since I'll have more spare cash by then, plus I
expect the prices will have dropped a little more by then too...

I'm also tempted to hold out for a PCIe version - since I don't reckon
there's much future in the PCI-X bus now that PCIe is here...

Paul G.

Of
> Ian Lowe
> Sent: 18 September 2005 10:56
> To: UKHA_D Group
> Subject: RE: [ukha_d] RAID recommendations?
>
> Just a wee addition Paul - you might have to look at the RR2220 rather
> than the 1820A - it specifically mentions "Online Capacity
Expansion
and